The following is an update on the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and our response to this crisis here at Piper Shores. Fortunately, at this time, we have no known cases of COVID-19 at Piper Shores. However, due to the considerable increase in the number of cases of COVID-19, nationally as well as in Cumberland County, it is imperative that we institute further measures in order to provide additional safeguards to the residents and staff at Piper Shores.
Outlined here is a revised plan that implements additional steps to address this growing health care crisis. Note that this plan supports additional measures beyond those already implemented at Piper Shores. We are characterizing the current status of these measures as a shelter-in-place approach. The major elements of this shelter-in-place plan include the following measures:
THESE MEASURES WILL TAKE EFFECT FRIDAY, MARCH 27TH AT 5AM.
- CAMPUS ACCESS
- All vehicular traffic to the campus will be monitored by a security checkpoint that will be established on Piper Road near the Drake Lane Cottage entrance.
- Residents will no longer be permitted to exit the campus by automobile.
- A shed will be placed at the access point along Piper Road. It will be staffed 24/7.
entering the campus will be limited to the following:
- Staff (who must display their Piper Shores badge)
- Emergency vehicles
- Medically necessary personnel (including home health, visiting nurses, and hospice).
- Family members who have approved access due to compassionate care needs (acute end of life).
- Approved vendors/contract service providers
- USPS, FedEx, UPS and other authorized deliveries.
intended for residents can be dropped at the Piper Road entrance gate.
- Deliveries will be secured and delivered to their intended destinations.
- All items being dropped off for residents must occur between 7am-5pm daily.
- HOLBROOK BUILDING ACCESS
- Access to Holbrook has been limited. All approved persons will be screened at the entrance into the Holbrook building.
- CHECKLEY BUILDING ACCESS
- All traffic to the Checkley building will be directed to the Reception desk area, which will be open from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturday & Sunday. (Residents will not be required to check-in).
- The sky bridge continues to be closed.
- All common meeting rooms and lounges will be closed.
Additional internal notices and restrictions have been provided to residents with respect to Wellness Center Services, Food & Nutrition, Environmental Services, Programming and Other Services.
In closing, we recognize the additional measures described here will be very difficult and present challenges for all. Unfortunately, as this global health crisis confronts us all, it remains our highest priority to assist you to be safe and well. We will continue to do our very best to achieve this together.