Piper Shores’ community expansion is creating new, exciting employment opportunities. Piper Shores is adding to the Food & Nutrition Team in our oceanfront retirement community in Scarborough. As a Diet Aide in Holbrook at Piper Shores, you are responsible for preparing and serving therapeutic meals in accordance with posted therapeutic diet menus, to residents in our Health Center and Assisted Living units. If you want to join a team of very caring and dedicated employees and experience the joy of serving seniors, Piper Shores is a good choice for you.
Dietary Aide Job Duties
- Prepares therapeutic desserts and salads as required.
- Diet Aides will provide our residents, guests, and family with proper “Piper Shores” service from greeting, welcoming, taking orders to clearing dishes both graciously and courteously.
- Serves meals in the health center.
- Sets up tables in the health center dining room and breaks down same after meal.
- Transports hot and cold foods to and from the health center.
- Transports all required non‑food items to and from the health center.
- Practices safe work habits to prevent injury to self and others.
- Maintains station equipment and work area in safe and sanitary condition.
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic. Ability to understand measurements and conversions.
- Previous experience in nursing home food service preferred.
- Ability to plan and organize work, set up trays and plates in accordance with diet orders and interpret specifications and standards.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with residents, guests, visitors, families, supervisor and peers. Requires empathy for the elderly.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Must be able to stand/walk for 100% of the work day; must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. independently; must be able to push and pull tray/bus/transport carts weighing up to 50 lbs. independently; must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day. May be exposed to extreme temperatures from the ovens and freezers. Must be able to see, hear, and speak. May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals, communicable diseases including the HIV and Hepatitis B virus, and offensive odors. Will be exposed to pets, pet dander, flowers, and plants in both buildings and throughout campus.
Please click here to submit your resume on Indeed or fill out the fields below and your information will be reviewed for the position.