Piper Shores’ community expansion is creating new, exciting employment opportunities. Piper Shores is adding to the Food & Nutrition Team in our oceanfront retirement community in Scarborough. As a Diet Aide in Holbrook at Piper Shores, you are responsible for preparing and serving therapeutic meals in accordance with posted therapeutic diet menus, to residents in our Health Center and Assisted Living units. If you want to join a team of very caring and dedicated employees and experience the joy of serving seniors, Piper Shores is a good choice for you.
Dietary Aide Job Duties
- Ensures a positive dining experience for residents by demonstrating friendly, caring, and courteous service.
- Prepares therapeutic desserts and salads for residents in our Assisted Living and Health Center (Nursing Home) departments.
- Diet Aides will provide our residents, guests, and family with proper “Piper Shores” service from greeting, welcoming, taking orders to clearing dishes both graciously and courteously.
- Sets up tables and breaks down same after meal.
- Practices safe work habits to prevent injury to self and others.
- Maintains station equipment and work area in safe and sanitary condition.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to understand and follow direction in English
- Ability to set up and operate dish washing equipment.
- Must be able to stand/walk for 100% of the work day; must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. independently; must be able to push and pull bus carts and tray carts weighing up to 100 lbs. independently; must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Must be able to stand/walk for 100% of the work day; must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. independently; must be able to push and pull tray/bus/transport carts weighing up to 50 lbs. independently; must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day. May be exposed to extreme temperatures from the ovens and freezers. Must be able to see, hear, and speak. May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals, communicable diseases including the HIV and Hepatitis B virus, and offensive odors. Will be exposed to pets, pet dander, flowers, and plants in both buildings and throughout campus.