Piper Shores’ community expansion is creating new, exciting employment opportunities. Piper Shores is adding to the Food & Nutrition Team in our oceanfront retirement community in Scarborough. The Server is responsible for table service and service of functions in the Community dining rooms and community function rooms.
Server Job Duties
- Servers will provide our residents, guests, and family with proper “Piper Shores” service from greeting and taking orders to clearing dishes from tables during and after mean service, both graciously and courteously.
- Answers pertinent questions about menu items.
- Assists in maintaining a high level of customer service for our residents and their guests.
- Assists with dish washing and distribution of clean dishes if needed.
- Maintains safe and sanitary conditions in work areas.
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with department dress code.
- Completes all assigned cleaning tasks.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively.
- This is an entry-level server position. No experience is required.
- Ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and understands requests.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with residents, guests, visitors, families, supervisor and peers. Requires courtesy, tact and graciousness.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Must be able to stand/walk for 100% of the work day; must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. independently; must be able to push and pull tray/bus/transport carts weighing up to 50 lbs. independently; must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day. May be exposed to extreme temperatures from the ovens and freezers. Must be able to see, hear, and speak. May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals, communicable diseases including the HIV and Hepatitis B virus, and offensive odors. Will be exposed to pets, pet dander, flowers, and plants in both buildings and throughout campus.
Please click here to submit your resume on Indeed or fill out the fields below and your information will be reviewed for the position.