Join the team at Piper Shores! We are Maine’s first and only nonprofit lifecare retirement community and we are looking for caring, compassionate, and hard-working people like you to join a group of dedicated professional helping to enhance the well-being of our residents. The RN who is responsible for the overall nursing care/service on his/her shift, including accurate and timely administration of medication, treatments, documentation and emergency calls as indicated.
RN Job Duties
- Supervises direct care of residents and nursing personnel on his/her shift.
- Administers direct care as necessary.
- Gives and receives shift reports.
- Rounds twice a shift to assure proper care is rendered in a safe and clean environment.
- Keeps DON, physicians and families aware of changes in resident’s condition.
- Assists in developing comprehensive care plans and updates when indicated.
- Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each resident.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all care rendered.
- Responds to resident emergency call system.
- Interfaces with other disciplines to assure continuity of care and services.
- Accompanies physicians when making rounds.
- Encourages restorative care in order to obtain maximum resident independence.
- Participates in family/resident counseling as necessary.
- Assists with the orientation and evaluation of nursing personnel.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Assures proper functioning of equipment and adequate supplies.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Our Ideal Candidate
- RN/LPN currently licensed in the State.
- Current CPR certification/IV certification desired.
- Skilled nursing/long-term care experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, and up to 150 pounds with the assistance of one.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and reach; must be able to push and pull up to 150 pounds in a wheelchair; good visual and hearing acuity; good verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to walk or stand for up to 80% of the work day.
Benefits and Salary Information
- Retirement plan option with generous matching funds.
- All employees may enroll in our on-site fitness center with indoor pool access for a nominal annual fee
- Employee referral bonuses
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Starting salaries are based on years of experience with annual opportunities for merit-based increases and a holiday bonus. We offer shift differential pay ranging from $1.50 to $3.00 an hour.
Please click here to submit your resume on Indeed or fill out the fields below and your information will be reviewed for the position.