Join the team at Piper Shores! We are Maine’s first and only nonprofit Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Located along Scarborough’s coast, Piper Shores has openings for Line Cook I and Line Cook II positions in our Main Kitchen and Assisted Living kitchen. This position is responsible for in the preparation, cooking and plating of all menu items and general cleaning such as beverages, special requests, and for ensuring a homestyle meal experience for residents with an emphasis on person-centered care. If you want to join a team of very caring and dedicated employees and wish to experience the joy of serving and preparing our seniors, Piper Shores is a good choice for you!
Line Cook I/Line Cook II Job Duties
- Perform cooking tasks as assigned and performs preparation tasks as assigned in accordance to established recipes and procedures in a timely manner.
- Perform required tasks in the preparation, cooking and plating of various foods in assigned work situations including pantry station items, soups, salads, all entrée items and desert items.
- Maintain work area in a clean and sanitary manner at all times.
- Follow proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of time, material and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense.
- Practice safe work habits to prevent injury to self or others.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic. Ability to understand measurements and conversions.
- Six months experience as a cook preferred. Training available for the right candidate.
- Ability to plan and organize work, to interpret instructions, recipes, specifications and standards.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance preferred. Health Care experience desirable.
Please note that per Maine state requirements, all Piper Shores employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza.