Piper Shores is adding to the Food & Nutrition Team in our oceanfront retirement community in Scarborough. As a Utility Worker at Piper Shores, you are responsible for a number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dish washing, general cleaning duties and storing food and non‑food supplies. If you want to join a team of very caring and dedicated employees and experience the joy of serving seniors, Piper Shores is a good choice for you. Must be able to work a flex schedule. No late nights!
Dishwasher/Utility Job Duties
- Performs, under the direction of supervisory personnel, dish and pot washing, general cleaning duties and storing food and non‑food supplies.
- Sets up the dish and pot washing area.
- Prepares for dish washing and washes pots, dishes and utensils.
- Distributes and stores clean and dry pots, dishes and utensils.
- Cleans and sanitizes production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Empties trash and recyclable containers as required and necessary.
- Maintains standards for personal appearance and cleanliness.
- Maintains safe and sanitary conditions.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to understand and follow direction in English
- Ability to set up and operate dish washing equipment.
- Must be able to stand/walk for 100% of the work day; must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. independently; must be able to push and pull bus carts and tray carts weighing up to 100 lbs. independently; must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day.