Join the team at Piper Shores! We are Maine’s first and only nonprofit Continuing Care Retirement Community and we are looking for looking for compassionate, dedicated, and hard-working people like you to join a group of professional helping to enhance the well-being of our residents. The CNA performs a wide variety of tasks including assistance with activities of daily living, responding to routine and emergency calls, performing routine nursing duties, and personal care activities.
CNA Job Duties
- Demonstrates person-centered care in all elements of CNA functions and interactions.
- Ensures resident comfort and safety at all times.
- Serves and represents the community by adhering to professional standards, facility policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Promotes infection control practices; promotes and maintains resident health; and fosters a safe environment for residents, themselves, and their co-workers.
- Advances job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities, participates in professional organizations and maintains certification.
- Enhances department and Piper Shores reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the department and the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has an exceptional bedside manner and strong communication skills.
- Works well in a team-setting as well as independently.
- Demonstrates compassion as well as professionalism in all elements of their work.
- Has demonstrated experience using sound judgment in their decision-making process
- Has beginner to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (not required for all departments).
- Has had at least one year of experience as a CNA although entry-level candidates will be considered.
- Active CNA License in the state of Maine
- Is eager to learn and grow as a member of the Piper Shores team.
Benefits and Salary Information
- A generous benefits package is available to full-time staff including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, paid time off and a retirement plan option with matching funds
- Part-time employees may be eligible for paid time off (depending on the number of hours scheduled) and are eligible to participate in the retirement plan
- All employees may enroll in our on-site fitness center with indoor pool access for a nominal annual fee
- Double-pay available for working holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Starting salaries are based on years of experience with annual opportunities for merit-based increases and a holiday bonus. We offer shift differential pay ranging from $1.50 to $3.00 an hour.
Please click here to submit your resume on Indeed or fill out the fields below and your information will be reviewed for the position.