Piper Shores is seeking an experienced, compassionate, and energetic Assisted Director of Nursing (ADON)/MDS Coordinator to join the nursing Leadership Team of our 40 bed skilled nursing facility. The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) is an RN who is responsible for the coordination of excellent clinical nursing care in the Health Center (Nursing Home), including direct supervision of Licensed and Certified staff and is the coordinator of MDS data. In the absence of the Director of Nursing, ADON serves as back-up and performs clinical responsibilities of DON.
In addition to excellent resident to staff ratios and a strong work-life balance, this position offers a competitive salary and benefits, as well as professional development and growth opportunities. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of two years of leadership experience in geriatric nursing, and must be a registered nurse with a current license in Maine.
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)/MDS Coordinator Job Duties:
MDS and Compliance Responsibilities
- Assures that facility is in compliance with staff development in-services and other educational programs.
- Ensures MDS electronic submission occurs per State and Federal regulations.
- Assures effective communication with other shifts and departments as it relates to record documentation and the MDS process.
- Conducts nursing rounds several times a day, to assure proper care and a safe, clean resident environment; Performs duties of charge nurse if needed when staffing levels necessitate
- Participates in the coordination of admissions and discharges of health center resident.
- Participates in QA, Risk Management and UR meetings. Responsible for completion of risk management audits and reports, i.e., infection control, safety and pharmacy rounds and audits.
- Coordinates the development of a written care plan and assessment for each resident and reviews and revises as appropriate.
- Oversees orientation of new Nursing and C.N.A. personnel.
- Performs direct supervision of staff, including making recommendations for disciplinary action and providing input for performance reviews of Nursing and Certified staff. Assists with coaching and motivating staff and other related supervisory functions.
- Oversees bi-weekly payroll hours reports to assure accuracy and submits to DON by deadline.
- Monitors scheduling of Nursing and C.N.A. staff for compliance and efficiency.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Licensed RN in the State of Maine.
- Current CPR certification.
- Long-term care experience, with a thorough understanding of State of Maine regulations, or equivalent state regulations
- Supervisory experience.
- Effective communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- In-depth experience (minimum one year preferred) and knowledge coordinating and completing the MDS 3.0.
- Experience with MDS computer software and process, with strong PC skills.
- RAC-CT certification preferred, or willingness to sit for certification within one year of employment