Our Nursing Home is a small neighborhood within Piper Shores with 40 beds. Our welcoming, homelike environment provides our Social Worker/Admissions Coordinator a unique opportunity to develop close and meaningful relationships with residents and their families. Our nurse to staff ratios exceed standards of other nursing homes. We average approximately one admission per week and the majority of our residents are long term. We are located in Scarborough at a beautiful oceanfront campus and a team of caring, committed individuals who work to ensure the retirement of a lifetime for our residents. We are a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), offering Independent, Assisted Living, and Nursing Care. The Social Worker/Admissions Coordinator is responsible for the development, planning, and delivery of programs and services within Holbrook at Piper Shores, designed to meet the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of the residents and their families. The Social Worker/Admissions Coordinator functions as the Licensed Social Worker for the Nursing Home and is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of transitions, admissions, and discharges in a manner that insures the needs of the individual resident and the general community.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinates and performs all admission functions within the Nursing Home. This includes maintaining relationships with referral sources and Piper Shores Community Health Services, performing pre-admission clinical and financial reviews with executive staff, and the orientation and registration of all new admissions.
- Maintains regular and on-going relationship with families to discuss needs or concerns, mediates issues that may arise between resident/family/staff.
- Provides care coordination and discharge planning services for the Nursing Home through the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), utilization review, and transition team process. Facilitates IDT meetings.
- Ensures safe discharge to the general community or transition to the appropriate level of care within the Piper Shores community.
- Provides Social Work services and completes all required Social Service assessments and documentation in the Nursing Home.
- Functions as the Nursing Home public relations person (liaison to the community and health care agencies), providing tours of the facility and pertinent information regarding admissions.
- Insures that all aspects of the social service department comply with all regulatory standards.
- Conducts Resident and Family Council meetings and insures resident and family input in policy and program developments in the Nursing Home.
- Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each resident.
Skills, Credentials and Experience:
- Current Licensed Social Worker in Maine. MSW preferred but not required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in long term care or other health care setting working with the elderly. Public relations, marketing, or admissions experience in a health care organization preferred.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations for long term care.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills; demonstrates flexibility, creativity, positivity and compassion in their words and actions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, along with ability and desire to learn software programs that would enhance productivity.
- Valid driver’s license.