Join the team at Piper Shores! We are Maine’s only non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), a CMS 5-star rated facility and our property overlooks one of the prettiest views in Casco Bay. Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the HR Generalist helps to ensure that our staff of 225 full-time, part-time and per diem employees receive exemplary service and are fully supported in their work.
The Human Resource Generalist will perform the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department, including recruitment, new hires/onboarding, benefits administration, and compliance. This is a great opportunity for an HR professional to grow and develop their career in a fun and fast-paced work environment.
Piper Shores offers a competitive total compensation package including low-premium, top-tier health and dental insurance options, 401k match, PTO and paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, wellness plan, professional development opportunities and a holiday bonus.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Develops compelling and exciting job postings, utilizing unique language for each role. Ensures that job postings are relevant and current, updating postings regularly. Posts open positions internally.
- Receives all applications and assesses candidate skills and experience. Recommends candidates to hiring managers and conducts initial phone screening.
- Is the HR point of contact for employment inquires and provides timely communication with candidates.
- Develops welcome letters and job offer packets for new hires.
Employee Onboarding and Training
- Prepares new hire paperwork and creates personnel file for new employees.
- Oversees general orientation including all aspects of scheduling for participants and presenters, room and food logistics, packet preparation, and related matters. Presents HR portion of orientation.
- Maintains new hire announcements via email and via employee boards in multiple locations.
- Prepares and distributes insurance and retirement plan packets to new and newly eligible employees – ensures receipt and processing of completed enrollment paperwork.
- Initiates online benefits enrollments, changes, and deletions and notifies insurance broker of changes and/or additions.
- Prepares data for annual benefits enrollment and provides to Insurance Broker.
- Maintains employee files and records in electronic and paper form; ensures compliance with state-mandated vaccination records and TB test results.
- Makes recommendations to managers regarding disciplinary action.
- Maintains database of certification/license renewal dates for clinical staff and reports upcoming renewal dates to managers on a monthly basis.
- Safeguards confidentiality of employees and residents at all times.
Employee Appreciation and Recognition
- Responsible for overseeing awards and recognition initiatives; prepares monthly service awards and posts anniversary announcements.
- Serves on Employee Appreciation Committee
- Oversees employee perks such as wellness, tuition reimbursement, referral bonuses, service awards, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in an HR concentration or an Associate’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in an HR concentration.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Must have advanced to intermediate experience with MS Office Suite and experience with HRIS or database software.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to respond to time sensitive requests and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent customer service skills, including affinity for working with diverse populations, especially seniors.