Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant provides a distinguished level of support to the general business operations of the organization. Responsibilities include coordinating meetings and schedules for the CEO, recording minutes/preparing agendas for various resident, management, Board of Directors and Board committee meetings, and implementing and coordinating special projects. This position also provides administrative support as needed to the Leadership Team and provides oversight of Reception functions.
Piper Shores is Maine’s only non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community and is located along the scenic coast of Scarborough. We are seeking an experienced and professional individual to serve in this important role. Salary is commensurate with experience; generous benefits package. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Executive Assistant to CEO Job Duties
Executive Assistant to CEO Responsibilities
- Provides administrative and clerical support to CEO. Assists CEO in the working relationship with the Board of Directors, including communication of information with the governing body.
- Maximizes CEO’s time in organization, scheduling, and follow-up; including calendar management and prioritizing appointments. Follows up on matters as directed by CEO.
- Establishes and maintains sound filing, including electronic files, and organization of materials essential to strong executive leadership practices.
Board of Directors Responsibilities
- Schedules Board and other meetings. Oversees room set-up, audio/visual requirements, and other support. Attends all Board committee meetings, Leadership Team meetings, and other Board, resident and employee meetings as required.
- Prepares agendas and records minutes and/or notes as required for all of these meetings. Meetings are scheduled well in advance and are at varying times of day. A flexible schedule is required.
- Assures that all materials are distributed in an accurate and timely manner, including management of board portal system.
- Safeguards confidentiality of Board, residents, staff, and executive matters, releasing information only as required.
Administrative Services Responsibilities
- Oversees Reception and is responsible for hiring, training, staffing and performance of the Reception staff. Ensures office supplies are ordered and adequately stocked.
- Assists Leadership Team with special projects as assigned by CEO.
- Conducts 1:1 Independent Living New Resident orientation; coordinates the department orientation of Independent Living residents.
- Maintains Resident files, updates Resident database (new residents, transition, deaths).
Required Skills and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s in Business Administration or related-degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in administrative assistant position with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Experience working for a senior living community or other non-profit with committee and Board responsibilities preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in person and over the telephone, and comfort with interacting with Board members, residents, staff, and visitors with a high degree of professionalism.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Solid ability to utilize charting and graphing programs. Ability and desire to learn other specialty software as needed.
- Proficiency with utilizing wireless technology including conference room technology, remote meeting systems, etc.
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate scheduled meetings and other administrative demands. Some early morning or evening meeting attendance required.
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- High level of confidentiality, discretion, judgment, autonomy, and must have a professional demeanor and present in a businesslike manner.
- Strong desire to work with the senior population.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.