Piper Shores is Maine’s premier continuing care retirement community, earning a 5 star rating from CMS and an outstanding zero resident cases of COVID-19 during the pandemic. We are seeking a Clinical Supervisor to oversee all aspects of nursing and day-to-day operations in our Assisted Living department, and to provide leadership to our Independent Living Community Health Services program. Reporting to the AL and CHS Director, this position serves as a member of the Leadership Team and the Holbrook Leadership Team, and is a key member of the clinical leadership group within the Holbrook clinical nursing team.
Essential Job Duties:
- Identifies, assess and monitor changing resident health needs. Coordinates with Assisted Living and Community Health Services Administrator when necessary to effect resident transfers from independent living.
- Establishes and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with residents, families, staff, vendors, and medical community.
- Reviews assistance alternatives with residents and their families/responsible parties including home care services
- With the Administrator, develops, maintains, and periodically updates written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the department
- Oversees response to medical emergencies in Independent Living during Wellness Center hours.
- Directs operations of Wellness Center, including staffing, services offered, and adherence to operational and applicable State regulations.
- Oversees development of, and maintain process for, periodic updating of resident health & emergency response information in Independent Living.
- Maintains communication with physicians, families and appropriate staff regarding resident health status.
- Assists in coordinating services for residents being admitted to and discharged from the health center, assisted living and the hospital. Participates in the daily Holbrook morning meeting and in weekly transition meetings.
- With Director, hires, trains and educates staff. Conducts evaluations and performs disciplinary process if necessary.
- Serves as a member of Transition Care Planning, Utilization Review, Resident Health Care, and other committees as assigned.
- Rotates weekend on-call coverage with a team of 5 clinical leaders.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited program of professional nursing education. A Bachelor of Science in Nursing or comparable experience is required.
- Current license as an RN or LPN in the state of Maine.
- Two years of management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Assisted Living Regulations and working with an elderly population is preferred.
- Knowledge of application of current nursing techniques and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing service policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with a team and demonstrates a positive attitude and is a good role model for all staff.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to utilize technology. Familiarity with MatrixCare or similar electronic medical records system preferred.
- Ability to communicate with, understand, empathize with, work with and maintain professionalism with residents, families, visitors, peers, supervisors, and direct reports.
- Must be CPR certified or able to recertify prior to starting position
- Commitment to a PersonFirst ® approach to care.