Join the team at Piper Shores! We are Maine’s first and only nonprofit Continuing Care Retirement Community and we are looking for looking for compassionate, dedicated, and hard-working people like you to join a group of professional helping to enhance the well-being of our residents. The Administrative Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the Holbrook Health Center (HHC) nursing staff. Responsibilities include answering telephones, assisting nursing and administrative staff with clerical duties, maintaining and monitoring nursing and non-nursing supplies, managing medical records, and cross-functions as a CNA when needed.
Administrative Assistant Job Duties
- Greets visitors to the unit in a courteous and professional manner and directs them appropriately.
- Monitors and orders office and medical supplies needed to operate the unit; receives and stocks shelves.
- Maintains usage data, i.e., oxygen, special mattresses, secure care anklets, newspapers, etc.
- Processes, coordinates and logs Lab, EKG, X-Ray, and related requisitions.
- Replenishes nursing stations(s) with required forms.
- Provides clerical support to HHC Nursing and Administrative staff.
- Assists as needed in the maintenance of HHC medical records, including proper recording, filing and upkeep for new residents and discharged residents.
- Completes staff schedules to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, as well as budgeted staffing levels. Posts schedules in advance, within time frames directed by DON.
- Attends daily morning meeting, prepares minutes, and keeps communication correspondence books up-to-date.
- Tracks resident incident reports and maintains required compliance components.
- Compiles Quality Assurance information for quarterly meetings.
- Verifies that the State survey results are posted in the designated space as required on the first business day of each week.
- Coordinates maintenance of computer systems and office equipment with IT staff and appropriate vendors.
- Maintains staff attendance records.
- Completes computer projects as requested including form development/revision, data entry, etc.
- Answers incoming calls, takes messages, and relays messages.
- Practices safe work habits to prevent injury to self and others.
- Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each resident.
- Prepares billable supplies and equipment data on a monthly basis and submits to Financial Department in accordance with established deadlines.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions as assigned by supervisor.
- Preforms CNA duties as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate
- High school graduate.
- C.N.A. in good standing on Maine C.N.A. Registry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in high volume medical environment performing similar functions and knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Basic skills in MS Word and Outlook. Ability and desire to learn new software and PC applications.
- Requires good judgment to plan and set up sequences within standard procedures. Requires analysis of facts and information to take action following established guidelines.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to function efficiently in an environment with competing demands.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Ability to move throughout Piper Shores promptly, especially in emergency situations. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, and up to 150 pounds with the assistance of one. Must be able to stoop, bend, and reach; must be able to push and pull up to 150 pounds in a wheelchair; good visual and hearing acuity; good verbal communications skills. Must be able to walk or stand for up to 80% of the work day. Must be free of communicable disease; may be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluid that may contain HIV and/or HBV. May be exposed to cleaning chemical and offensive odors. Will be exposed to pets, pet dander, flowers, and plants in both buildings and throughout campus.
Benefits and Salary Information
- A generous benefits package is available to full-time staff including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, paid time off and a retirement plan option with matching funds
- Part-time employees may be eligible for paid time off (depending on the number of hours scheduled) and are eligible to participate in the retirement plan
- All employees may enroll in our on-site fitness center with indoor pool access for a nominal annual fee
- Double-pay available for working holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
Please click here to submit your resume on Indeed or fill out the fields below and your information will be reviewed for the position.