The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Assisted Living and Health Center departments within Holbrook at Piper Shores. Reporting to the Director of Nursing (DON) and the Assisted Living Director this position is responsible for staff scheduling, payroll processing, assisting nursing and administrative staff in maintaining supplies required to operate the department, monthly resident billing and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greets visitors to the unit in a courteous and professional manner and directs them appropriately.
- Manages staff schedules to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, as well as budgeted staffing levels. Posts schedules in advance, within directed timeframes.
- Maintains staff attendance records; assists with bi-weekly payroll punch report review and completion.
- Assists with tracking resident incident reports and maintains required compliance components.
- Answers incoming calls, takes messages, and relays messages.
- Oversees the ordering of office and medical supplies.
- Coordinates resident appointments as needed, transports residents to appointments as needed.
- Maintains paper and electronic medical records, including proper filing and scanning for all new, existing and discharged residents.
- Receives orders and stocks shelves.
- Processes, coordinates and logs Lab, EKG, X-Ray, and related requisitions.
- Prepares billable supplies and equipment data on a monthly basis and submits to Financial Department in accordance with established deadlines.
- High school graduate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in high volume medical environment performing similar functions and knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Experience with staff scheduling preferred.
- Proficient in MS office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Requires good judgment to plan and set up sequences within standard procedures. Requires analysis of facts and information to take action following established guidelines.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to function efficiently in an environment with competing demands